The Air Gauge Unit
is specially designed and has the ability to adopt itself to the operating conditions on the shop-floor. The principle on which the Air Gauge Unit operates is defined as measurement of the intermediate pressure by a self balance system, which brings the pressure being measured by means of pressure regulating mechanism fitted with an appropriate indicating device. We offer the Air Gauge Unit at rock bottom prices within the scheduled time frame.
About Air Gauge Unit :
- The Air Gauge is unique and it operates to its full accuracy from a line pressure of 45 P.S.I. (3.2 kg/sq.cm) and above
- Normally the unit at a factory is set to 60 P.S.I. (4.2 kg/sq.cm.) which gives optimum performance.
- The air s'-+l'ply line should be clean and free from excessive quantities of dirt, scales, oil & water
- A filter is provided with the gauge to remove normal quantities of foreign matter
- To help maintain efficient operation of the Air Gauge, it is recommended that a line filter and water trap be used upstream of the gauge in installations where the air contains considerable contamination to reddle dirt, oil & water
- Connection to Air mains should be made to the overhead horizontal pipes through an invented U
- Before the gauge is connected to the air supply line, the line drawn should be opened wide, under full pressure to blowout any dirt, condensation, oil, etc.
- Check for correct air flow, the small gauge at the top of regulator should indicate within specified pressure range 3-4 kg/sq.cm.
- Connect the Air Plug to the Unit-Check free flow of air through jets
- Open the cover of unit.
- Insert high setting ring on the air plug Gauge & adjust the dial gauge by loosening the side knob, so that it reads the set value on the setting ring, tighten the knob.
- Insert low setting ring on the air plug Gauge. It should indicate marked set value (Both the setting rings sizes corresponds to the low and high limit of the component (within manufacturing tolerances) Max. spread possible 80%of the scale.
- In case if the marked set values are not indicated properly i.e. if one is set the other shows less or more, then adjust the unit as follows
- There are two flow control valves with knob provided on each side of the unit.
- The RH.,5. control valve is for increasing magnification and L.H.s. is for the decreasing magnification
- If the magnification is less, then RH.S. knob is turned clock-wise till the indication is seen changing
- For an error of 0.001mm less, turn the RH.S. knob so that there is a change of 0.004 mm to 0.006 mm (four to six time of the error) approximately
- Then reset the dial bezel/indicator and other master should read correctly. If not re-adjust again.
- If the reading is more, then the similar adjustment as stated in 2.1 is done, but with the L.H.S. knob, vise-a-versa. (In normal condition or before setting for new size, both the flow control knob should be in out position)
- Set the two tolerance pointer as per component tolerances
- Air Gauging System Working Pressure Range 3-4 kg/cm2
- Self-Cleaning of gauging area
- Non-contact gauging
- High speed gauging
- Longer life due to minimum friction
- Two masters ensures correct magnification